Jan 18, 2012

Happy New Year! And, YESSSS! The program has been updated and my hilarious plot still has not been detected

Here is the email of today (seems they are desperately trying to get me to register early).


From: ella <ella@bitconferences.com>
Subject: Re: Re: 099-Call for Speaker at 2nd AnnualSymposiaofBacteriologyandInfection (SBI-2012)
Date: January 18, 2012 5:51:08 PM PST
To: 

Dear Knut,
 
How are you? Have you decided your schedule?
 
You are entitled to give us a speech and chair SBI 2-1: Old vs New Antibacterial Targets of Superbugs
 
The time allot for your speech is 20-25 minutes. We have updated the program and released the information online:
 
 
For the registration, please log on the website:
 
We appreciate you would finish the formal registration online for us to confirm your participation. I would like to remind you of the deadline of January 31, before that deadline, you can enjoy the early bird registration rate.
 
Look forward to your reply.
 
Ella
 


And - unbelievable!  They have added the whole thing into the program.
Again, my apologies to Oleg (He must know that I am just an annoying small bug) and apologies as well to Andrew.


On another note, I continue to receive invitations from BIT for other conferences, but also there are some invitations to Romania ("the land of Dracula" it said), Greece, and India.  This "business" must really be booming and I fear that over time, this sneaky strategy really pays off.

Still, it is annoying and these places simply do not take your e-mail off their spam lists... perhaps I should play this with another one of these spammers as well.  If I just had the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment